About this property
- Former Vicarage
- Mature Setting
- Conservation Area
- Approximately 0.40 of an Acre (sts)
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Reception Rooms
- In Need of Modernisation
- No Upward Chain
LOCATION HADDENHAM is a popular village situated approximately 7 miles South West of the Cathedral City of Ely and approximately 12 miles North of Cambridge. Haddenham has a range of day to day amenities and facilities including primary school, post office, 2 shops (1 with chemist), doctors surgery, butchers, take-away restaurant and public house, together with an art gallery/studio which has regular exhibitions. There are a number of clubs and societies within the village many of which are based at the Robert Arkenstal Centre in Station Road. A full range of shopping, sporting, schooling and domestic facilities are available at Ely and Cambridge. Ely has a mainline rail service via Cambridge to London and surrounding centres.
ENTRANCE HALL With tiled floor, fitted storage cupboard with sliding door.
GROUND FLOOR SHOWER ROOM With low level WC, pedestal hand basin, fitted shower cubicle with shower unit, Worcester boiler supplying the oil fired central heating system.
STUDY / FAMILY ROOM 14' 7" x 10' 10" (4.44m x 3.3m) With large walk-in storage cupboard, radiator.
LOUNGE 21' 6" x 14' 4" (6.55m x 4.37m) With feature brick open fireplace, double glazed sliding patio doors leading through to the garden, double doors through to the dining room.
DINING ROOM 13' 4" x 11' (4.06m x 3.35m) With double doors leading through to the lounge, radiator.
KITCHEN / BREAKFAST ROOM 17' 2" x 10' 8" (5.23m x 3.25m) With single stainless steel sink unit and double drainer, base units, high wall units and drawers, storage cupboard, plumbing for dishwasher, radiator. Door through to:
UTILITY ROOM 8' x 7' (2.44m x 2.13m) With fitted storage cupboard, radiator. Door to outside.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING With shelved storage cupboard.
CLOAKROOM With low level WC, hand basin, radiator.
BATHROOM With suite comprising panel bath with shower attachment, pedestal hand basin, radiator.
BEDROOM 1 13' 6" x 11' (4.11m x 3.35m) With fitted double wardrobe, access to loft space, radiator.
BEDROOM 2 12' 2" x 10' 11" (3.71m x 3.33m) With 2 fitted double wardrobes, radiator, pedestal hand basin.
BEDROOM 3 14' 7" x 8' 3" (4.44m x 2.51m) With fitted double wardrobe, radiator.
BEDROOM 4 8' 3" x 10' 4" (2.51m x 3.15m) With radiator.
OUTSIDE The access to the property from Church Lane is via a driveway shared with the neighbouring village Bowls Club. The property has a single integral garage with up and over door and a driveway providing further vehicular parking. The garden is predominantly lawned and fully enclosed with mature Horse Chestnut trees and Laurel hedging. There is an oil storage tank providing the oil for the central heating system.
AGENTS NOTE The property will be subject to an uplift clause. Details available from Cheffins.
STANDARD PARSONAGE COVENANTS - full and free right and liberty without obtaining the consent of or making any compensation to the Purchasers or other the owner or owners occupier or occupiers for the time being of the property hereby conveyed to deal in any matter whatsoever with any of the land belonging to the Incumbent or to the Board adjoining opposite or near to the said property hereby conveyed and to erect and maintain or suffer to be erected or maintained on such adjoining opposite or neighbouring land any buildings whatsoever whether such buildings shall or shall not affect or diminish the light or air which may now or at any time or times hereafter be enjoyed by or in respect of the property hereby conveyed or any building for the time being thereon the free flow of water and soil gas and electricity and other services to and from any adjoining or neighbouring land belonging to the Incumbent or to the Board through any drains sewers watercourses pipes wires cables conduits or other conducting media now existing in upon under or over the property hereby conveyed or substituted therefor by the Purchasers
- THE Purchasers to the intent and so as to bind (so far as practicable) the property hereby conveyed into whosesoever hands the same may come and to benefit and protect the said adjoining and neighbouring land belonging to the Incumbent and to the Board and each and every part thereof hereby [jointly and severally] covenant[s] with the Incumbent and his successors and by way of separate covenant with the Board and its successors in title and also by way of separate covenant with the Bishop of the said Diocese in his corporate capacity as Bishop and not on behalf of the said Benefice as follows:-
- that the Purchasers will not at any time hereafter call or designate the property hereby conveyed or any part thereof or permit the same to be called or designated by any name which might suggest that the property hereby conveyed is owned or occupied by the Incumbent for the time being of the said Benefice and without prejudice to the generality of this covenant will not call or designate the property or permit the same to be called or designated "The Rectory" "The Vicarage" "The Parsonage" "The Old Rectory" "The Old Vicarage" or "The Old Parsonage" or by any similar name
- that neither the property hereby conveyed or any part thereof nor any existing or future building thereon or on any part thereof shall at any time hereafter be
used as or for a place of amusement hotel tavern inn or public house nor shall any spirituous or fermented liquors at any time be sold in or upon the property hereby conveyed or any part thereof and that no act deed matter or thing shall at any time be done suffered or permitted in or upon the property hereby conveyed or any part thereof which may be or become a nuisance annoyance or disturbance to the Incumbent for the time being of the said Benefice or his successors or the Board or its successors in title or which may tend to depreciate or lessen the value of the adjoining or neighbouring property belonging to the Incumbent or to the Board
- that no act deed matter or thing shall at any time be done suffered or permitted in or upon the property hereby conveyed or any part thereof which may be or become a nuisance annoyance or disturbance to the Minister for the time being conducting or the congregation attending divine service in the Parish Church of Haddenham or the Churchyard surrounding the same
- that the property hereby conveyed will not be used for any purpose other than as a private residence with garden [and coach house] in one single family occupation only
- that no additional building shall be erected anywhere on the property hereby conveyed PROVIDED that this shall not preclude the Purchasers from extending the existing building nor from erecting garden structures such as sheds greenhouses glasshouses (other than for commercial purposes) summer houses outbuildings stables loose boxes or other structures (provided that they are not used or capable of being used or made capable of being used for residential purposes) and that no additional buildings (other than extensions to the existing building) shall be erected without the prior written consent of the Board
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with the Agents.
Get in touch
Ely Residential Sales
25 Market Pl
View similar properties