FULL TIME SENIOR MACHINERY VALUER / AUCTIONEER
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full Time Senior Machinery Valuer / Auctioneer to join our hardworking team based at our 40 acre Saleground at Sutton, near Ely, Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in valuing and consigning agricultural machinery to auction with the ability and desire to build on the success of the Cambridge Machinery Sale, the largest monthly auction of agricultural tractors and machinery in the world.
You must also have a minimum of 5 years experience in agriculture. RICS and CAAV qualifications along with auctioneering experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Salary negotiable and dependent on experience.
23 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
The position is full time and includes weekend working and regular travel throughout the UK.
Place of work Sutton Machinery Saleground, Sutton Nr Ely, CB6 2QT
Principle Accountabilities will include:
- Valuation of agricultural machinery
- Cataloguing machinery and equipment for auction
- Securing instructions for on-site farm machinery auctions
- Involvement in monthly machinery auctions at the Sutton Saleground
- Assist with the running of on-site auctions, including cataloguing, setting up the sale, sale day, collection, clearing of site and after auction enquiries
- Assist with online timed and live auctions
- Involvement with regular Vintage auctions at the Sutton Saleground and throughout the UK
Skills and Abilities required:
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to network is essential.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to multitask and meet a number of deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer care
- Team player and able to work on own initiative
- Enjoy the outside environment
- A good overall level of education but must have GCSE English & Maths grade C (or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent would be strong a advantage.
- RICS and CAAV qualifications are desirable
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete an application form, downloadable here and send this along with your CV and a covering letter to William King, Director at email@example.com