FULL TIME AUCTION ASSISTANT
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Firm's Sutton Machinery Saleground for a Full Time Auction Assistant
The role is both office and yard based. The successful candidate will have a genuine interest in agricultural machinery with the ability and desire to build on the success of the Cambridge Machinery Sale, the largest monthly auction of agricultural tractors and machinery in the world.
The successful candidate must also have a minimum of 3 years experience in a proven sales role or in an agricultural or horticultural based industry.
Salary negotiable and dependent on experience.
23 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
The position is full time and you will be required to work 2550 hours per annum, which includes weekend working
Place of work Sutton Machinery Saleground, Sutton Nr Ely, CB6 2QT
Principle Accountabilities will include:
- Secure and maximise agricultural equipment consignments, for our monthly collective auction
- Cataloguing items for auction
- Lot up and ensure their respective section of the sale is organised and ready for auction
- Dealing with pre and post-auction enquiries on a face to face or telephone basis
- Keeping records of items delivered and dispatched
- Photographing of lots upon delivery
- General office administrative duties.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to network is essential.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer care
- Team player and able to work on own iniative
- Good sense of humour
- A good overall level of education but must have GCSE English & Maths grade C (or equivalent)
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete an application form, downloadable here and send this along with your CV and a covering letter to Bill Pepper at firstname.lastname@example.org