About this property

Key features
  • Shared ownership
  • Spacious kitchen/reception room
  • Two double bedrooms
  • Secure underground parking
  • Lift access
  • Communal gardens
Description
Saffron Walden is an historic market town with a magnificent Parish Church, numerous period properties and a wide tree-lined High Street. An extensive range of shops, schools, social and sporting amenities are all accessible within the town and the Golf Course and Sports Centre lie on the town's outskirts. Road links to London and Cambridge (16 miles) are accessible at Junctions 8 and 9 of the M11. Train services to London (Liverpool Street - 57 mins) run from Audley End Station about 2 miles away.

LANCASTER HOUSE 17 Lancaster House is being offered for sale on a shared ownership basis. A minimum 40% share is available to purchase, with the remaining 60% being owned by the Hastoe Group to whom a monthly rent of £291.71 is payable. The property has a 116 year lease, with a service charge of £55.03 per month and building insurance of £7.09 per month.

GROUND FLOOR

COMMUNAL ENTRANCE With intercom system, staircase and lift to the upper floors. No 17 Lancaster House is located on the second floor. In addition, there is an internal staircase leading down to the secure basement parking.

SECOND FLOOR

COMMUNAL LANDING Door to:

ENTRANCE HALL A spacious hallway with wooden laminate flooring, built-in storage cupboard housing the hot water cylinder and a further coats and storage cupboard.

KITCHEN/RECEPTION ROOM 24' x 15' (7.32m x 4.57m) A spacious and well-lit dual aspect room providing a contemporary living space with stunning views over the town rooftops and countryside beyond. The kitchen comprises a range of units with worktop space over, sink unit, four ring hob with oven below, space for washing machine, tumble dryer and fridge freezer and wooden laminate flooring.

BEDROOM 1 15' 10" x 13' 6" (4.83m x 4.11m) Double glazed window with views over the communal gardens.

BEDROOM 2 12' 6" x 10' 8" (3.81m x 3.25m) A pair of double glazed windows enjoying views over the town rooftops, St. Marys Church and countryside beyond.

BATHROOM Suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, low level WC, wash basin and part tiled walls.

OUTSIDE The apartment benefits from two allocated, secure underground parking spaces. There are communal gardens and bike store. The building is conveniently located within walking distance of the town centre and nearby amenities.

PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS Full details of eligibility requirements for a shared ownership property can be found on the Hastoe Group website https://hastoesales.com/buying-options/shared-ownership.

VIEWINGS Strictly by appointment with the Agents.
Virtual tour available via email. Please contact the office to request a copy.

Get in touch

Saffron Walden Residential Sales
Cheffins
Hill St
Saffron Walden
CB10 1JD

View similar properties