Rural Development and Farm Diversification
Recent changes to planning legislation offer opportunities for development in rural areas that will enhance value for landowners.
- Cheffins can advise clients on the likelihood of obtaining planning permissions in rural areas for a wide variety of developments and uses.
- Advise rural landowners on the Permitted Development Rights available to convert or change the use of agricultural buildings without the need for a detailed planning application.
- We undertake initial appraisals to identify and promote development opportunities and submit representations to the Local Development Document.
- Assess the development potential of sites adjoining or close to settlements for development
- Where necessary, we can provide evidence to Public Examinations and carry out feasibility studies.
To discuss potential development sites in rural areas please click here to contact the Planning Team.