Payment and Collection
All purchases must be paid for in full on the day of the sale. After the sale you will receive an invoice for the full amount by post and by email where you have 5 working days to complete payment.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Bank Transfer - direct to our bankers, Barclays Bank St Andrews St, Cambridge, Sort Code: 20-17-68, Account number: 50690961, IBAN: GB44BARC20176850690961, Swift Code: BARCGB22.
- Cash - As a consequence of the Money Laundering Regulations 2003, we are no longer able to accept cash payments for sums in excess of £7,500. This includes single payments amounting to this sum or multiple payments totalling £7,500.
- Cheques - supported by a valid guarantee card, Cheques are accepted entirely at our discretion (please note you must allow 6 working days for a cheque to clear before we release any goods purchased).
- Debit cards - payments can be made in person or over the telephone (please note there is a £200 limit for payments over the telephone).
- Credit cards - are subject to a surcharge of 2%. Payments can be made in person or over the telephone (please note there is a £200 limit for payments over the telephone).
Collection and Clearance
In some circumstances small or portable lots may be collected during the sale on production of a purchaser's sale receipt. Our staff are here to help, but please remember that the smooth conduct of the sale has to be their first consideration at all time.
We do not have facilities for the storage of sold items on the Premises therefore all sold lots must be collected no later than 10 days after the sale. After this date all uncollected lots may be removed to a storage facility and may be subject to a removal charge. Stored items can only then be collected by prior appointment. Goods will not be delivered until all outstanding charges have been settled.
Packing & Shipping
We regret we are unable to provide any onsite packing services.
Otherwise we recommend Mail Boxes Etc., International Shipping or Alban Shipping who will collect from Cheffins and offer cartage to international and domestic locations. They will be pleased to provide prompt individual quotations directly. We can also recommend other carriers or shippers on an individual basis.
Mail Boxes Etc.
23 King Street, Cambridge, CB1 1AH
Tel: +44 (0)1223 361601
Unit 4, Premier Business Park
Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 3HP
Tel: +44 (0)1582 493099
Fax: +44 (0)1582 490147
- Key to Ceramic & Glass cataloguing
- (D) Damage (R) Restoration (W) Wear and Fritting
- From 1,000 - 50,000 euro 4%
- From 50,000.01 - 200,000 euro 3%
- From 200,000.01 - 350,000 euro 1%
- From 350,000.01 - 500,000 euro 0.5%
- Exceeding 500,000 euro 0.25%
- 'Attributed to...' - in our opinion probably a work by the artist in whole or in part
- 'Studio of...' - in our opinion a work executed in the studio or
- 'Workshop of...' workshop of the artist, possibly under his supervision
- 'Circle of...' - in our opinion a work of the period of the artist and showing his influence
- 'Follower of...' - in our opinion a work executed in the artist's style but not necessarily by a pupil
- 'Manner of...' - in our opinion a work executed in the artist's style but of a later date
- 'After...' - in our opinion a copy (of any date) of a work of the artist
- 'Signed...', 'Dated...', 'Inscribed...' - in our opinion the work has been signed/ dated/ inscribed by the artist - the addition of a question mark indicates an element of doubt
- 'With signature...', 'With date...',
- 'With inscription...' - in our opinion the signature/ date/ inscription is by a hand other than that of the artist